Professional Development for Educators
Mobile Apps, Curriculum Integration and Best Practices
On July 30, 2013 ALTEC will be offering a Mini-Conference focusing on Mobile Learning in
the Classroom. Join us for a day of professional learning, networking and conversations
at the University of Kansas - School of Education building in Lawrence. Using a MiniConference format, this day will engage the K-12 community in sharing “what works” for
Mobile Learning in the Classroom. Breakout sessions will be will be led by technology
directors, teachers and administrators from Kansas districts implementing mobile learning
solutions. In addition, higher education faculty and industry reps are invited to share in the
Register | Program | Hotels
Educational technology leaders who are interested in gathering with a group of likeminded individuals to give and get resources, ideas, and support for designing 21st Century mobile learning opportunities for teachers and students. (District Leaders, Building Administrators, Technology Directors, Instructional Coaches/Facilitators, Teachers, etc.)
University of Kansas - School of Education Building
Joseph R. Pearson Hall
1122 West Campus Road
Lawrence, KS 66045
8:30 AM Registration / Breakfast Snacks Available
9:00 AM Breakout Session 1
10:30 AM Breakout Session 2
11:30 AM Lunch (lunch included with registration)
12:15 PM Breakout Session 3
1:30 PM Breakout Session 4
2:45 PM Breakout Session 5
Breakout Session Topics include:
• 20 Ways to Make Your Life Better Now!
• A Picture is Worth...
• Becoming a Connected Educator Through Social Media Tools
• CETE Development for Mobile Devices - KITE iPad Preview
• Coding: The 5th 'C"
• Designing Lessons around the Common Core
• Easy Video Creation with the iMovie App
• Enhancing Teaching and Learning in Language Arts
• Enhancing Teaching and Learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
• Get Smart! Integrate Technology Like a Secret Agent
• Google Does That?
• Have you ever Wondered? Discover Wonderopolis for the Classroom
• How to Find Project Partners for Global Collaboration
• Infographics Rock
• Ipad Applications to Teach your Students to Code
• KSDE Tech Talk
• Logisitics of the Flipped Classroom
• Taking risks, Forging Change - Leading the Way with Teacherpreneurs!
• TEAMS Thinking
• Weebly, Tumblr, and Symbaloo, Oh My! Organizing Online Content
• What's In Your App-Pack?
|June 20, 2013:||Proposal Submissions Due|
|July 1, 2013:||Presenters notified|
|July 22, 2013:||Final Program Posted|
|July 26, 2013:||Last Day to Register to Attend|
|July 30, 2013:||Mobile Learning Mini-Conference|
ALTEC understands that circumstances arise where participants may need to cancel their registration. If you must cancel your registration then notice of cancellation must be received by the Event Director. Cancellations will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 26th, 2013.
Payment of conference fees will be required even if you do not attend the conference, unless you follow the cancellation procedure noted above. If you must cancel after the posted cancellation date please contact ALTEC as soon as possible. Under certain circumstances, we may be able to reduce or waive your fee.
Title I funds are available to provide high quality professional development. Districts can
use these funds to support core technology components in Title I school-wide programs, including teacher professional development in the use of technology.
ALTEC provides engaging, high quality learning experiences for all educators. Design your own district or school professional development from a variety hands-on instructional sessions addressing popular hardware, software, and online resources.